General Information on a variety of our other products & services
Modern dentures are made of acrylic resin and other plastics. The time-consumig and labor-inntensive analog workflow involves multiple patient visits and production steps. Denture manufacturing is a complex craft with a steep learning curve, annd dental labs increasingly struggle to find technicians with advanced skills and and expertise required to produce them. 3D printed digital dentures are a major step toward the overall simplification of the dental laboratory manufacturing process.
Using dental design software and 3D printing to manufacture dentures offers a number of instant advantages:
- Low-cost production: Affordable hardware allows labs to expand production without adding substantial overhead.
- Accurate, consistent, high-quality results: A directly 3D printed prosthetic means fewer steps and less variability — a more consistent workflow for a quality end product every time.
- Intuitive, adaptable tools: The digital workflow fits into your traditional processes today and will be much easier to teach to tomorrow’s digitally savvy dental lab technicians.
- Simplified, fast remakes: Digital denture designs are reusable, shareable, modifiable and easy to reproduce with 3D printing.
- Truly custom teeth: Unlike pre-manufactured denture cards, digital dentures are completely patient-specific
3D Printed Models
Over the course of the past decade, the dental industry has been revolutionized by 3D printing technology.
In dentistry, it’s very important to get things right the first time, and dental 3D printers ensure this. Doctors can print a model of the patient’s mouth, and verify that their implant, crown, or aligner will fit with precision and send to our lab.
3D printed dental models are easy to make. They only require a quick scan of the patient’s mouth. Despite this, they can be powerful tools for a dentist because they ennable them to check their work before surgically implanting it into a patient.